- NO water, cleansers, creams, makeup, or any other products on treated area for 10 days.
- DO NOT rub, pick, or scratch the treated area. Let any scabbing or dry skin naturally exfoliate off. Picking can cause scarring.
- Avoid direct sun exposure or tanning for 3-4 weeks after procedure.
- Avoid heavy sweating for the first 10 days.
- NO facials, botox, chemical treatments, or microdermabrasion for 4 weeks.
- Avoid sleeping on your face for the first 10 days.
Day 2-5 your brows will appear DARKER.
- Day 3-6 you will need to PAT your brows with the Aquaphor as stated in example Below *Do not use a Q-Tip. DO NOT wipe your brows, they are sensitive and healing.
- Day 6-10 brows will scab and the brows will start to PEEL!! *This is normal!!, the brows will appear much lighter, as if the color has "FADED" away and may look unusual. *Don't worry!! This is also normal, the color will resurface!*
- After day 7-8 you can wipe your brows gently to remove the scaly peeling. *The color will start to resurface and become a natural brow color.*
- After day 10 you can fill in your brows with powder, pencil, or whatever you choose to use.
You can get a touch up in 6-8 weeks.
This is a pictorial of what you should expect: *Keep in mind, everyone heals differently*
Starting on the third day after your appointment, using your finger pat your brows with Aquaphor until the sixth night, only for once a day. Ex. If you got your brows done on Monday, put Aquaphor on Wednesday and stop on Saturday.
Eyelash Strip Aftercare
- Avoid water, steam, sauna & swimming whilst wearing the strip lashes.
- Avoid touching, rubbing or introducing foreign bodies or contaminants into the treatment area.
- Ensure lashes are not disturbed or manipulated into different positions (e.g. when cleansing the face, applying moisturiser or cosmetics) for the first 24 hours.
- Do not perm strip lashes or use lash curlers.
- Do not use waterproof mascara.
- Remove at the end of the day.
Eyelash Extension Aftercare
The best way to extend your extension life and to lengthen the time between fills is proper care. Follow the steps below to keep your lashes looking their best.
After your eyelash extensions are applied, keep them away from water for the first 48 hours. Keeping the extensions dry during this time will allow the glue to dry and set. This includes staying away from steam, sweat, etc.
Stay away from oil based products around your eyes (i.e. eyeliner, mascara, face wash, and makeup remover). Oil will break down the bonding agent in the glue, causing lashes the extensions to fall off. In need of oil-free products? We've got you covered! We offer a full line of oil-free products including eyeliner, makeup remover, and mascara.
Limit the use of mascara or stay away from it all together. If you think you need mascara with your lashes, we suggest adding more lashes on your next appointment for a fuller look. Since extensions make your lashes look fuller, longer, thicker, mascara is not necessary, and if too much is applied it can damage the extensions and make them appear clumpy. If you do want to wear mascara, keep the coats light AND make sure it's oil-free! (Don't know where to find oil-free mascara? We have some for sale — you can snag it at your next appointment)
Make sure to remove any makeup you're wearing before going to bed each night with oil-free makeup remover. A lash extension specific wash works great if you're one who prefers wearing eye makeup on a daily basis (psst.. we have this for sale at the front!)
Stay away from rubbing your lashes and definitely do not pull/tug on the lashes. Pulling on the lashes can result in loss of both the extension and your natural lashes. If you tested out extensions, and you're just not feeling them, you can wait for them to fall out naturally or schedule an extension removal appointment.
A couple lashes fell out? Don't freak out! The average person loses 2-5 lashes a day, and with this, you will also lose any lash extension that is attached to those lashes. Don't worry this is your normal lash cycle. Keeping up with regular lash fills (every 2-3 weeks) will help to replace any lash extensions that have fallen since your last appointment.